My Photo
Name:

I wonder what net I can knit to capture you And what tints I can sift to loose this nasty hue

Friday, December 02, 2005

the pupil doth emit a gravitation that tugs the clock strings

don't you wanna take two watches
in your hand and
see how far the gears can
hurl your knuckles
perhaps each succinct tick could
topple nine years
or more in the heart beat that
twitches the blink
than the heightened breeze of a gasp that follows a wink

don't you wanna count the roman face
that fences the circumference
and circumcalculates, a thin line ungulates,
each footstep down
the hall strikes the walls thrice fold
and the diameter drips from the face
in a classic puddle
upon the bootstraps of a fine lad with a staff

don't you wanna hand shake the wristwatch
like a colander calendar
drain out ninety minutes and relish it
on fine china and sliver
and seep the seconds to make the divinest liquor
and restore the adore
that you've lost in the day
to graze the haze is to stew
two fine sheets in your hand
and at the simplest demand misunderstand
the action, the sheets are just your bootstraps
you pull up during hard times

and the wristwatch is just
a bottle cap refracted off pressured preserves

and the shoddy face is just
the reflected radiate of sixty-eight orbs on a radius

and the watch is just
in between your fingers like dust between the
pages in cages on
my shelf my darling my shelf is
but a landing
and the clock, my darling
is but by my eye with the second iris going
round and round and round
around you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home