My Photo
Name:

I wonder what net I can knit to capture you And what tints I can sift to loose this nasty hue

Monday, December 12, 2005

it's harbored

I see her in him
His strand daisy bowler corkscrews into her fine chords
His marbled eyes grow moss as from erstwhile they trod
I see her in him

I see her in him
From some vantage he grasped my interest as if to be beacon
From other vantages he fractures into light cracks and molds her silhouette
I see her in him

I do not want to touch him, but touch him to in turn touch her
I do not want to be with him, but am with him to in turn be with her
I do not want to kiss him, but kiss him to in turn kiss her
I do not want to love him, but I love her

I see her in him
Like one might see the taiga in a stack of novels
Like one might see contemplations in an eyeball
I see her in him

I see her in him
To the point where my innards kink twice round his words
To the point where I faint up the sea's surface
It's that I see her in him

It's that I see her in him that it quells me so

Can't I set her free
Can't I let these tendrils slip through his ribs
Can't I touch her face

Can't I set her free
Can't I clutch his pelvis firm in my tresses
Can't I pretend it's her

Can't I be set free
These wicked tentacles that envelop my lungs
These wicked words that envelope my tongue
Shan't I be set free

Can't I let these tendrils slip through his ribs
Slide down his navel
Past his lungs
Can't I snap, don't I have a right to snap
Him

I see her in him
In all his slops she descends past the sea level
In all his clouds she is the heavy fog of the sea
I see her in him

She'll never be let free
I'll never be let free
These vile coils will strangle me alone
I won't let myself free

For him

For her

4 Comments:

Blogger Imaginer said...

spectacular...you write with such amazing emotion. i wish i chould be so raw.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Imaginer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Imaginer said...

I'm going to Costa Rica for a month. I hope you don't mind if I took some of your poems along.

9:43 AM  
Blogger inkontrast said...

i'm sure i'd insist upon it

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home