My Photo
Name:

I wonder what net I can knit to capture you And what tints I can sift to loose this nasty hue

Monday, November 21, 2005

impossible propositions expelled from great distances...

We could submerge and re-emerge
underwater
And drink of each other’s breaths
Like tides that gulp the shore

Take in bubbles, a compressed for consumption
atmosphere
And whirlpool our lungs with glass
Our eyes be blue tide pools, maelstroms

This limb I grasp is
but a ripple
The hair I cup in a conch
These follicles sigh the sea

Maybe when it's chilled, our breaths
will crystallize
And as solid mass, buoyant, will ascend glacial
Oh the ships our words will sink

Ourselves will condensate and the sea become
such osmosis
We'll rain within each other
Live life feasting on our ebbs thick

I will bath with your salient skin and you will bath in me
Until that bathtub voice wakes our lungs
And we drown and evaporate

2 Comments:

Blogger Imaginer said...

did you know that the Japanese say blue light instead of green light and blue apple instead of green apple?

1:52 AM  
Blogger inkontrast said...

Yes I knew that. They also use 'moreover' too much.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home